We are looking for a cleaning operative to carry out daily cleaning duties at a hospice located in Clapham. Successful candidates will be expected to undertake a wide range of cleaning duties to meet client requirements, monitored outcomes and high standards within a healthcare setting. Candidates must be comfortable working in a hospice environment.
Cleaning personnel may be required to undertake:
- Cleaning: – Patient rooms, baths, laboratories, offices, halls, corridors and other areas:
- Washing of beds, equipment and fixtures.
- Cleaning of utility and storage rooms, maintaining in a clean and orderly order.
- Distributing laundered articles and linens.
- Replacing and/or soiled drapes and cubicle curtains.
- Performance of other duties as described under cleaning.
- May be asked to disinfect and sterilize equipment and supplies, using approved chemicals and sterilizing equipment in line with National & Local Infection Control Policies & Procedures.
- Catering Areas and corridors, en-suite areas, public toilets/ showers/bathrooms, common rooms/ meeting rooms, tea areas, computer rooms, lecture theatres, and high risk sterile areas.
As an indication, duties will include the following tasks (this list is not exhaustive):
Vacuuming, sweeping, mopping and spot washing of floors (internal and external)
Dusting and polishing
Waste bin and rubbish segregation and disposal in accordance with site policies
Toilets and toilet floors, wash hand basins and washing areas, disinfecting, polishing and dusting as appropriate.
Replenishing consumables as required
Windows and glazing cleaning and polishing
Brushing and vacuuming soft furnishings
Kitchen equipment cleaning
Snow clearance and gritting, external area cleaning, chewing gum and graffiti removal
Window cleaning (Internal and External)
Key technical skills, experience and qualifications
Experience of a wide range of cleaning duties
Proven experience of using modern cleaning machinery
Qualified at least to BICS Level 1
Healthcare cleaning can involve interaction with the public, clinical and other domestic staff, patients including vulnerable individuals. For these reasons we will require a clean D.B.S. check as well as a good public manner and clear communication ability.
- Team working
- Attention to detail
- Hard working with attention to Health and Safety.
Please download the application form here and send the completed copy to email@example.com